06 February 2011

Calorie burn, yes please!

I love this article because it reminds us about the simple truth, math, science (call it what you want) behind weight loss.  Burn more calories than you eat, and YOU WILL lose weight.  It also let's us know that kickboxing type workouts (go TKB burn the most calories).  According to my bodybugg, I must concur.  Though, this article might be stating the higher end of calorie burn.  Also, remember that it varies from person to person.  Anyway, here are six workouts, and their estimated calorie burn.  Check out the article for more information.  If you want to know exactly how many calories you are burning, the bodybugg is great tool.

Kickboxing: 800 cals per hour - I burn between 550 and 600 in a TKB class.
Biking: 700 cals per hour - that's why I am trying to take cycle classes now :)
Zumba: 500+ cals per hour - how much you put into this one really makes a difference
Jumping rope: 780 cals per hour - not sure I could do this for an hour
Aerobic step class: 600 cals per hour
Running: 650 cals per hour

No comments: